Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Swollen Uncircumcised Penis After Long Masturbation

Mr_Harrison - Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:28 pm

I'm 19 (never had sex, no STDs) and last night I had a very long erection and masturbation (about 4 hours.) Afterwards, my penis was slightly sore, which I would expect after that, but it was also very swollen. It is as if the foreskin has even swollen, but the swelling continues down the shaft. It is NOT difficult to urinate, that still happens normally, but it is harder to get the foreskin back. My hope is that the swelling is due to trauma and that it will go down in time, since this happened only 12 hours ago, but I've heard of some conditions where the foreskin swells and causes the need for circumcision. I do NOT want to have to do that. Does anyone know if this sounds like a temporary swelling or is it more serious?
 Henry - Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:16 am

I heard it swells from the excessive rubbing by your hand.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us