Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Something on the shaft

Haufer - Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:08 am

I am 22 years of age with a penis size above average. It appears almost straight with a slight curve to the left that is not noticable to everyone else besides me. With the penis curving to the left, the right side of the penis has a fairly large vein or something else running from the base of the shaft to the scar from my curcumsision(mind the spelling). During an erection it(the vein) seems to grow larger almost to 1/4 of an inch in diameter. Where it disapears, into the shaft of my penis, I cannot really tell if it actually goes into the head of the penis. I do not feel any discomfort from it nor does it bother me during intercourse. Besides this vein, my penis looks normal, and I have normal ejaculations.
I have gotten over the apearence of my penis after talking with my partner about it for some time. My question is now, what is it, is it unhealthy and should i consider surgery, and will it cause any reproductive problems in the furture.
 dsjeya - Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:20 am

it is perfectly normal,more blood flows during erection so the vein is bigger

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us