Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain in my Testicles

Sarava - Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:37 pm

I used to masturbate a lot during my teenage years, several times a day I am now in my twenty five and now past 3 years i have stopped it. But now i'm ejaculating almost every nights and also from time to time I have a pain around my testicles and the lower shaft of my penis; it usually when I’m sitting down at my desk or even i have pain when i'm pissing also. could one of you doctors give me some suggestions as to what it should do and more importantly what I may do to correct it? But till now i don't have any contact with anyone. Please HELP ME!!! :(
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:39 am

User avatar Hello,

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion (blue balls).

I do not think it has anything to do with your previous masturbation and the fact that it is present when you micturate (urinate) points towards a possible infection.

At any rate you are advised to get it examined so as to rule out any of the above causes.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us