Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Exposure to STD's

koolkat - Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:01 pm

This is going to sound a little weird, but I have been very concerned. About 6 weeks ago I was staying with some friends who are still in college. They had a party one of the evenings I was over there. I was getting out of the shower and put on what I though was my underwear and apparently someone had gone into the bathroom while I was in the shower. I put on another guys underwear that were filled with warm semen. I took them off immediately when I noticed but the semen got all over my penis. I am afraid some got into my penis and possibly into a chaffed area I had near my testicles. I washed it off, but I am concerned I could have contracted something. The last couple of weeks my penis has been very itchy and I have a slight throbbing in my left testicle. I have only had one sexual partner my entire life and she has only been with me and we have been married for 4 years. Should I be tested for STD's due to this exposure??? I have had relations with my wife and I'm afraid I could have given her something. Please advise.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:07 am

User avatar The possibility of having contracted an STD from this is very small, but I would suggest being tested just to be safe and ease your mind.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us