Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Exposure to STD's

koolkat - Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:01 pm

This is going to sound a little weird, but I have been very concerned. About 6 weeks ago I was staying with some friends who are still in college. They had a party one of the evenings I was over there. I was getting out of the shower and put on what I though was my underwear and apparently someone had gone into the bathroom while I was in the shower. I put on another guys underwear that were filled with warm semen. I took them off immediately when I noticed but the semen got all over my penis. I am afraid some got into my penis and possibly into a chaffed area I had near my testicles. I washed it off, but I am concerned I could have contracted something. The last couple of weeks my penis has been very itchy and I have a slight throbbing in my left testicle. I have only had one sexual partner my entire life and she has only been with me and we have been married for 4 years. Should I be tested for STD's due to this exposure??? I have had relations with my wife and I'm afraid I could have given her something. Please advise.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:07 am

User avatar The possibility of having contracted an STD from this is very small, but I would suggest being tested just to be safe and ease your mind.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us