Forum Name: Fertility

Question: period jab ?

*littlestar* - Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:50 pm

a friend told me about i jag you can get for stopping your periods for a certian amout of time is this a myth i have never heard of it, if it exists what side effects does it have ?
 Michele P, RN - Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:46 pm

*littlestar* wrote:a friend told me about i jag you can get for stopping your periods for a certian amout of time is this a myth i have never heard of it, if it exists what side effects does it have ?
I'm assuming you are speaking of something like Depo Provera not "jab" as in "stab" or pain but "jab" as in the slang term for a needle version of contraception?

That is a slang used often & what I'm thinking you are referring to and so, yes, it is found to be very effective in many patients as a form of contraception. To take the product to simply stop periods, this is not what it is intended for, nor is it very healthy for your system to do.

As annoying as your period may be, its a natural process that must & should take place & by trying to minipulate that is not very wise in my opinion.

If you would like more information on how contraceptives such as that one work,for that intention, please feel free to write back w/your questions

Best of Luck :)