Question: penis pimple

ertasdcvb - Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:44 pm

I have been sexually active with the same person for over a year now and she was a virgin. I just noticed a hard spot on the side of my penis, I squeezed it and it came out like a blackhead. However now it is very swullen like a pimple looking like it could be popped but I tried to pop it and it won't go away. It has been there the past 2 days. What is it and why would it happen now? I have never had to deal with anything like this b4.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:40 pm

I hope you are feeling better by now.

Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be infected, trichomycosis in the case of sweat glands and folliculitis in the case of hair follicles.

They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They are yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts in the inguinal region. Nodules are often on the scrotum and occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis. They may contain pus in them. The hallmark is that they will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. These lesions can be associated with erythema and itching. Superinfection with other dermatophytes has been noted.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.