Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Loss of Virginity

ellie_boo - Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:59 am

When having sex, does a guy insert his penis into the same place as you insert a tampon? I don't see how this is possible when you compare the size of a tampon to a penis - tampons can be tricky to even get in and sometimes uncomfortable!!! Im so worried about having sex - that i wont be able to - im getting so stressed. Please help :(
Could i practice with a vibrartor????
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:57 pm

User avatar Yes, a penis goes in the same place as a tampon. The reason you think this can't be possible because a tampon can be so tricky to get in is because you are a virgin. Your vaginal canal is very small, and you probably still have an intact hymen. When having sex, the vaginal walls stretch, and become larger.

When the time comes, you will be able to have sex, so don't be worried about that. You can practice with a vibrator if you wish, but it isn't nesessary.

Also please remember when you decide it is time to lose your vigrinity if you aren't prepared to have children yet,, make sure to use protection or birth control. Pregnancy can happen even the first time.
 Princess - Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:15 pm

I agree with Gracie01. The penis and tampon does go in the same place and the skin will stretch accordingly. However, my best advice is not to start putting things into your vagina because it's the stepping stones toward having sex. How? Because of curiosity and because sometimes our minds makes us do things we wouldn't do, thinking back years from now.

Having sex is a big responsibility. Not only could you get pregnant and get STD's but also it takes a bigger part of u.. your spirit and heart.

Because I sense you are uncertain about having sex, I want to leave you one last advice. Don't use sex to prove love or make a person stay with you. =)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us