Forum Name: Fertility

Question: 17dpo and CD32??

Heather81 - Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:27 am

I should have ovulated on October 7th, which would make me 17 dpo today. I have taken 7 HPT's in the last week, and all of them have been negative, yet I still haven't gotten my period. (The tests sensitivity is 25 mIU)

It's been 32 days since the start of my last cycle. Is it possible that I conceived but don't have enough HCG to register a positive result? If not, what could be causing my cycle to be so late? What do you recommend I do?

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions. I look forward to hearing back from you..

-Heather81
 Shelly S, RN - Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:20 pm

How long are your cyles normally? Are they regular? Did you use OPK to predict ovulation on the 7th?

If it is a 25mUI test, I would think it would register +. You are using first morning urine, right?

Give me a little more info.
 Heather81 - Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:27 am

Im now on CD 35 and 20dpo. Im going by BBT as far as ovulation (I now have a constant 98.1).

Normally my cycles are 28-29 days (give or take). I've taken 9 HPT's now and all are negative. I've used dollar tree brand as well as First Response. I've tested with morning urine and in the middle of the day.

I found an article on the cbsnews.com website and it says " In 10 percent of pregnant women, the embryo does not implant until after the first day of a missed period (and again, hCG is not produced until the embryo implants in the uterine wall)." If this is true, then maybe that's what is happening. I should have started my cycle 6 days ago.

I haven't changed my eating habits. Im not under unusual stress, and I don't over exert myself. I can't for the life of me understand what's going on.

I've tried calling several OB/GYN's in my local area, but none of them do blood testing for pregnancy. If im not PG, then I don't know what it could be. I've been told that provera will help bring on my cycle. Is this something you would receommend (even though there are known side effects)?

Thanks again!

-Heather81