Question: Right Testicle Pain

Clyde - Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:51 pm

For the past three weeks, I have been having pain in my right testicle. It only hurts when I first wake up for about an hour and then it goes away. It starts out tingling and then turns into a pain. I have only had sex once since it has started and it hurt after I ejaculated ,too. What could be wrong?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:43 am

User avatar Hello Clyde,

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion (blue balls).

The fact that you noticed it after your sexual encounter does suggest a possible link to infections. As stated above epididymitis or orchitis can lead to pain, however, the pain tends to be more prolonged and they may be accompanied by other signs of infection.

If it continues, please have it checked out just to rule out any of the other causes stated above.