Question: testicular worries

formerself - Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:27 am

Hey, ive been checked out by so many doctors, and each one of them just moves me onto the next, and i cant get appointments with the specialists, due to being a student and moving alot, i have a pain in my testical, that is like a dull ache, its only noticable possibly 2/3 times in the last year, but can last a few weeks each, there is a specific spot where it hurts the most on the area where the tube connects , and ive read epididymitis can cause this, im really in need of help/or just to put my mind at ease, could it be a sti symptom without any discharge?
any help will be thankful x
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:16 am

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

You would have to be examined while the pain is there by a specialist to resolve this issue.