Forum Name: Fertility

Question: we've been trying to conceive for over 1 year

nurseangie - Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:18 am

my husband and i have been trying to concieve for well over 1 year now. We have a healthy little girl age 2 and 1/2. I am 24 and he is 25. I have been keeping track of my cycles and my ovulatory mucus. i noticed i had egg white type mucus on the 25th of october. we had intercourse on the 24th, but will not be seeing eachother again until the 30 because of our job hours. Could have we concieved this time around? also, what else can i do to improve our chances of becoming pregnant?
thank you for your help,
nurseangie
 Michele P, RN - Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:59 am

nurseangie wrote:Hello,
thank you for your help,
nurseangie

When was the 1st day of your last period & how many days are in your cycle?
 nurseangie - Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:20 pm

the first day of my last period was oct 10th. my cycles usually run between 26-28 days.
 Michele P, RN - Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:26 am

nurseangie wrote:the first day of my last period was oct 10th. my cycles usually run between 26-28 days.

Obviously we missed the month of October for pregnancy but based on a 27day cycle, you should get your period approx on 11/6. That would make your most fertile time 11/14 -11/19 - the 19th being the most fertile day.

There are about 5-6 fertile days during each menstrual cycle: The day of ovulation and the 4-5 days immediately preceding ovulation. Those days are the best days to try to get pregnant - though it can happen at ant time. You might want to try an ovulation predictor kit & speaking to your OBGYN for advice.

Regarding your other question of could have the relations had on the 24th been it - its very possible. Based on your period starting on Oct 10th - your most fertile day this month was Oct. 24th :)

Best of Luck. Let us know how your doing