Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: visible vain on scrotum

alanbartz - Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:06 am

I have about an inch and a half long purple vein on my scrotum, above my left testicle and i don't know what it is, it is really affecting my confidence, whats is it? can it be removed somehow? its almost like a varecose vein, and another smaller vein is appearing just below it
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:46 am

User avatar Hi alanbartz,
Signs or symptoms of a varicocele are a feeling of heaviness in the scrotum, dull ache, dilated veins may feel like a "bag of worms". When symptoms can't be relieved by conservative methods or if there is an issue regarding infertility then a surgical procedure may be recommended. Regardless of the cause of your symptoms an evaluation by your physician is recommended to identify the underlying disorder.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us