Question: Problems Maintaining an erection during sex

Gump - Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:56 pm

Dear Doctor,

I have had an ongoing problem for over a year now.. during intercourse i lose my erection.. during foreplay it is fine, but when it comes to intercourse it is not so..
I think the problem may stem from my addiction to masturbating over pornography? i tend to masturbate every other day now.. whereas for a long time it was around twice a day.. everytime whilst viewing porn on the internet..
When i think about it now, i think maybe the problem could be that my imagination is lacking when i have sex because im used to having visual graphic images in front of me ?!? hence the failure ?!?
I did see my Doctor about this problem when it first started and he prescribed me with Viagra, now here is my second major problem.. i am now single but have been seeing my ex on and off, and when we have sex, the only way i can is to use viagra because i worry that if i don't take it i wont get an erection at all !?! she does not know that i take it, so i feel i am betraying her also..
Oh dear, all in all its very frustrating and very annoying, i never had these problems when i was 17-20 but now i cant seem to shift them, do you think it could be a mental problem and an addiction to masturbation ?!?
For the record i do not smoke, but i enjoy a drink at the weekends.. say 15 pints over a Friday n Saturday night.
Look forward to an early response.
Gump.
 dsjeya - Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:39 am

depression could be,y not reduce frquency of masturbation
diabetis also to beruled out