Forum Name: Fertility

Question: late period = pregnant?

darno - Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:55 pm

I'm usually have a pretty normal period cycle that has NEVER been over 30 days. Today is day 33 and I haven't gotten my period yet. I just recently started having sex since my last period and was wondering if that causes any hormonal changes that may delay my period?

I used condoms every time we had sex and the condom never broke. Two weeks ago, I got really scared because I felt tremendous discomfort down there and had to pee more and I felt nauseated for one night. Could that be signs of fertilization? Then I felt nothing for a week or so. But now that my period hasn't come yet, i'm getting freaked out again. Sometimes I think its all in my head because i start worrying and then I think i feel all these symptoms.

My breasts feel really tender and I was pretty emotional this past week. Do you think I could be pregnant? I've never had a delayed/missed period before and am pretty regular (only one irregular cycle of around 20 days long)
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:54 pm

User avatar If your sexually active, it is always possible to become pregnant, but, menstraul changes can happen from time to time, and your period may just be a little late this month. The tender breasts and emotional feelings can be a sign of your impending period, or a sign of pregnancy.

The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test. An at home test should be accurate if taken now.