Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Painful Sex-Whats Wrong With Me

ellie_boo - Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:20 am

As u know i am a virgin so anyway, to help myself along i bought a vibrator. I decided to give it a go and got myself in the mood the other night. I was ready to use it and though i got it in, only about 3 inches of it would go up, it was like i hit a brick wall. No matter how hard i pushed the rest just wouldnt go in (not to mention it being rather painful) - what on earth is going on? I am so worried - how will a guy ever fit inside of me? At first i thought i had vaginismus but is this possible since i could get it in, just not far enough? Please help. Thank u. Ellie
 bunnylove - Tue May 02, 2006 11:47 pm

Hello! I just wanted to say that the average vagina might only be 3 inches long (so you are mostly normal in that part). Now when you say you 'hit a wall' i'm guessing you're hitting your cervix (the very back of the vagina) Now hitting the cervix can hurt for some women and sometimes it's due to an infection, so if you want to find out if this is curable i suggest going to a doctor and getting checked out, it could be a very minor problem or it could be very major so you should go soon. I hope this helps you! :)
 kaitka - Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:05 am

ellie... your first time having sex will do that to you! i have never used a vibrator, but if you tense your muscles (which you do without knowing it sometimes), it will be difficult to get anything into your vagina, even a penis after years and years of sex. my first time having sex hurt soooo bad, i swore i would never do it again. the first several attempts to have sex actually were unsuccessful because my muscles were tightened and there wasn't enough lube, and i was nervous, etc. i don't know how much experience you have in things other than actual sex (i.e. fingers or other sex toys), but it takes time to adjust and figure out how you personally respond to having things inside your vagina. don't worry too much! that "brick wall" is some of the strongest muscles in your body that will someday probably help push out your children.

hope this helps you. i promise, you're normal.