Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: retractile testis..

 freetofly - Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:29 pm

Dear Doctor,
Sorry if i will make some mistake but i'm not a native english speaking.
My problem is concerned with testis size
(if i remember well they are 2.5 ,2.5 ,4 cm) cause comparing with others men they look like smaller.
scrotum is also quite smaller and this is a problem for me...cause the way they look like affects my masculinity..i think i'm not like a normal man sometime...
Now things gets worse cause most of the time my scrotum is like sucked up, and the feeling of having it not relaxed ..increase my suffering for the sizes.
I would like to know if some people are more sensitive than others for this condition and is something can be done for that, i mean to have them relaxed for a longer time cause when i have them relaxed i think less about my size problem.
i would really appreciate if u can answer me.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:25 am

User avatar Hello,

Normal adult male testicle size is 4.0 cm to 7.0 cm in the longest dimension. Testicle size less than 4.0 cm could indicate a hormone problem, and could affect fertility. That would warrant a visit to your doctor.

If within that range, testicular size varies and really doesn't matter much as regards to function. If on the other hand you are also experiencing other sexual abnormalities you may want have it checked.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us