Question: White/red bump

redxlimited1504 - Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:27 am

Okay. At the bottom of my shaft, way at the bottom theirs this rather small red bump. I didnt have a ruler, so...its about the size of a capital "O" a bit bigger. Im quite scared, But I am a virgin and 17. I don't know what it is, And I don't know if I should tell my dad. Any help...?[/b]
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:48 pm

Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be infected, trichomycosis in the case of sweat glands and folliculitis in the case of hair follicles.

They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They are yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts in the inguinal region. Nodules are often on the scrotum and occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis. They may contain pus in them. The hallmark is that they will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. These lesions can be associated with erythema and itching. Superinfection with other dermatophytes has been noted.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.