Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Enlarged Testicle

 imnotamorningguy - Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:55 am

I'm 18 years old and for some time now, i've noticed i have a testicle that is somewhat larger than the other. my left one is around twice the size as the right, but there has never been any pain at all. it's been like that for as long as i can remember, perhaps since birth, but not sure. is it something to be worried about?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:01 am

User avatar Hello,

In most men, one testicle is slightly larger or hangs lower than the other. As long as it doesn't continue to grow and you don't experience any new problems, you have nothing to worry about.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us