Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Problem Ejaculating.

 laser20 - Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:28 am

Im 16 years old. I hit puberty early, but now when ever I jack off or have sex and I try to ejaculate, nothing comes out. Is there any reason why this would be happening? Any specific name of what it could be.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:30 am

User avatar Are you having orgasms, but no semen comes out, or are you not able to climax at all? Orgasm of course normally includes semen, but the presence of semen is called ejaculation and is separate from orgasm.

If the problem is my first question, the most common, but not only answer is retrograde ejaculation

Retrograde ejaculation is a condition where the seminal fluid is ejaculated backward into the urinary bladder instead of out of the penis during orgasm. This usually occurs because the neck of the urinary bladder, which normally closes to block such retrograde flow, is unable to do so. This may be due to a nerological (nerve problem) or injury of some sort to the neck of the bladder.

Do you notice that your urine is cloudy after orgasm?

Diabetes is an extremely common cause of retrograde ejaculation (also a very common cause of impotence).

Also, some drugs or medications can affect the bladder neck.

Retrograde ejaculation is sometimes very difficult to treat; the medications are not always effective. If and again IF this is the problem, it doesn't make a difference in your sex life, except if you wish to become a father one day, then is becomes a problem of course but can be treated by a doctor getting sperm from the bladder and aritifically inseminating the woman and has very successful results.

However, this is only a suggestion; to be diagnosed accurately, you need to see a doctor, preferably a urologist, a specialist in these matter to accurately be diagnosed.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us