Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Whitish balls of ? on "front" of stools

eci - Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:48 pm

Hello, for the past 2 weeks it seems every time I have a BM there is a whitish "glob" at the "head" or beginning of my stool. The rest of the stool is normal color, shape. I don't have to strain, and the stools are fully formed. Sometimes there are streaks of red blood in these globs. It looks like a ball of snot for the most part. I have a Gastro appointment monday the 5th, but am curious if anyone has ever had similar symptoms. I am a 30 year old male non smoker, no family history of digestive cancers, but I do have GERD and take Nexium for it.

Since the glob is always at the beginning of the stool it seems like it's "in the way", and when I have a BM the stool shoves the glob out in front of it. I have no pain or abdominal discomfort at all.

WARNING: THE PICTURES BELOW ARE OF THIS PROBLEM.

http://members.cox.net/waster/s1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/waster/s2.jpg

:(
 FlippinFRACK - Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:25 pm

I have the same thing... only i ussually have more blood.. it is like a ball of mucus and a ball of blood in my case.. they also streak down the outside of my BM. Sometimes I will think i have to go to the bathroom but only mucus and blood will come out. Additionally I suffer from constipation (a BM once every week or two). This is going on two years. I saw a GI one year ago.. since then I was first told I have IBS but i didnt buy that it was my only condition. So I got two colonoscopies and a Upper GI Barrium Scan.. everything seems to come out okay until the second colonoscopy in which i was diagnosed with Proctitis.. this is liek an inflamation fo the rectum... but he told me that only like 3cm were inflammed... i was surprised such a small section could give me such problems.... I have been on Zelnorm, Canasa suppositories, and Miralax..... but honestly the blood and mucus are still there and the only difference is that I poo more often and have more stomach discophort and gas. If you find anythign out please post it thanks.
 eci - Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:29 am

I was diagnosed, after colonoscopy, with "mild" proctitis. The doc said " otherwise normal colon ". He gave me the suppositories called Proctocort. Hopefully this will clear up and isn't the start of UC.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us