Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Severe Stomach Pain for 10 months

 have_no_clue - Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:10 pm

I have had severe stomach pains for 10 months it started on my right side and then moved to both my left and right side, and round my back. The pain become more severe at times especially when i eat anything greasy like burgers etc. When the pain is very severe I often take diarohhea. I often feel when I go to the toilet that it feel like something is blocked in the bowel area and I am usually very windy. I am in pain every day, and have been losing weight as the months pass, I am eating but each day I have constant waves of feeling sickyness which doesnt make the eating process an easy thing. I constantly feel tired and when I walk or move around I get exhausted very easily for example washing my hair and taking a shower take so much out of me that all I want to do is sleep. I don't have any idea whats going on a neither to the doctors at my surgery, I had some tests like the camera test that goes down your throat and up your bum as well as an ultrasound of the lower abdomen. I also had blood tests done 10 months ago they all came back clear, one of the doctors at my surgery said that as I have had this pain for this long that its obviously not going to kill me and I shouldnt worry, but i cant help worrying.

Because normal people arent suppose to be in pain all day everyday, if anyone has any advice please give it, theirs only so much pain a person can take and Im at my wits end wondering whats wrong.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:11 am

User avatar Hi have_no_clue,
Have you had an ultrasound of the upper abdomen or HIDA scan to evaluate for gallbladder dysfunction? Symptoms that may indicate gallbladder disease or dysfunction are right upper quadrant abdominal pain near the ribs which may radiate to the back or shoulder, nausea, vomiting, which worsens after eating or drinking high fat content foods or drinks. If you are experiencing these symptoms I would suggest that you inquire about this possibility with your physician.
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us