Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Light pain in my lower left abdomen...for 2 years..

Speakeasy - Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:55 am

I know I should have had this checked out before 2 years went by...

I went to the doctor about a year ago..

I'll start off by giving a little info...

I'm 22, 180 pounds. I used to eat garbage.. I'd eat Mcdonalds on a daily basis because no one ever told me otherwise.. a few years ago i swore off fast food and began eating somewhat healthy.. i'm no health freak now but i try to eat reasonable..

I've had a dull pain in my lower left abdomen which is about inbetween my naval and pubic bone, but definitely on the left side only. I had apendicitis when I was 16 or 17 so my appenix is removed.

The pain has never really exceeded a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 which is why I was never REALLY concerned about it..

I went to the doctor about a year ago and he gave me a quick examination and said he didn't feel anything and ran a blood test which he called me a few days later and told me he found nothing but i should go for a catscan anyway... i didn't have the time or money to go so I never went..

Over the past 2 years the pain has been intermittent... it would be there from the time i woke up till i went to bed some days... then it wouldn't be there for weeks...

I have no symptoms that I know of, only when I press directly in about 2 inches do i feel any pain... but when pushing directly in i can feel a tender spot deep inside which when I press hard jumps the pain level to about a 4 or 5...

I've looked up a lot of cases on the internet of lower left pain but most of it was either a UTI or Diverticulitis which from what I read is highly unlikely since I'm only 22 and have none of the symptoms..

Just curious if anyone has any knowledge of what this could be.. it's not a heavy pain at all but it really does prey on my mind and worries me thinking it could be something really serious..

Thanks in advance,
David
 Speakeasy - Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:01 am

Also sorry, I don't have any trouble with bowel movements and only had a bloody stool once which i believe may have been before the pain even began... other than that my bowel movements have been regular and normal.

I do drink liquids like a fish, i can never seem to have enough to drink but that may just be how I'm made...

Thanks again
 melissa0912 - Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:15 am

wow your story sounds exactly like mine.. i am searching the internet for answers. I am also 22 yrs old, female and have the same exact symptoms. I don't know how old this post is, but have u found any further information?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us