Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: mucus in stool when constipated

confused_23 - Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:40 am

Two days ago, while being constipated, I passed a very hard big and lumpy piece of stool with quite a lot (a table spoon or so) visible whitish/clear mucus on it. Also on two occasions in last two months I noticed clear mucus on toilet paper when wiping.

It never happened before, and I was only having constipation in the last half a year (Its appearance is directly connected to stressful periods in my life). Roughly half of the time I have usual stool and am not constipated. After passing some hard big stool I also have a few droops of bright blood on toilet paper when wiping, and it hurts to defecate.

I'm quite scared of this last mucus on my stool thing since I read it could indicate some serious disease, so should I pay attention to this? Thx for your help.
 FlippinFRACK - Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:13 pm

I have cronic constipation and proctitis, which is a inflamation of the rectum. This causes me to always have blood and mucus in my stool. Maybe you should look into this condition.. either way I would go to a GI and get a colonoscopy.