Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Back/sromach pain

 Abby1 - Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:56 pm

My husband has been suffering from lower back/stomach pain for over a year now. He describes the pain in his back as a "pushing or ball like pain". He says it's worse after he eats. He has had problems with constipation for years.
He's seen several doctors, had abdominal xrays, ultrasound, MRI lab work, etc. No one seems to be able to tell him what's wrong. The next thing they want to do is a chest xray?? And an endoscopy. I feel he needs a colonoscopy. Where should we turn next?
 Abby1 - Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:42 pm

Bumping this back up to the top to see if anyone has any suggestions. thanks -
 Abby1 - Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:02 pm

?? no one ??

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us