Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Question: Rectum hurts

jamesbond000 - Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:35 am

im 20 yr old, im almost stressin for 10yr while ***** so i could complety exit them out, but now it has caused me a prob i feelin some thing always stuck im my rectum some iche feelin its an startin stage of piles so i stoped stressin during usin the toilet, but some thing when i start ***** my rectum hurts like hell, like a knife comin out it burn so much i use a some oil or gel like stuff durin ***** it reduces the pain, this happen sometime i think its my diet, sometimes its realy free and no prob, so pls tell me wats goin on with me
 Dr. N. Haider - Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:26 am

User avatar hi jamesbond000,

You need to see a general surgeon to examine your rectal area. Prolonged and severe constipation may result in piles but more often injures the inner surface of rectum causing a wound. The wound is slow to heal as each passing dry hard stool stretches it.

Until you see the doc, you need to eat lots of vegetables and salad to soften up your stool. A good addition would be to eat 'ispaghola husk'. check out your local pharmacy as it is an over the counter agent and no prescription is required.

You really need to see a doc, however.