Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Irritable bowel syndrome

 unhappymom - Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:50 pm

:oops: Very unhaapy mother and wife seeks a specialist in california to treat an out of contol case of irritable bowel syndrome. I fyou not famiiar with ibs it is a disease causing severe abdominal pain, chronic diarrehia, and nausea. If anyone has a clue on how to find a specialist, please let me know.[/b]
 mommyinpain - Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:10 pm

Have you seen a GI about your condition? Who diagnosed you with ibs? What makes your ibs worse? How long have you had ibs for? Have you had a colonoscopy done to rule out other possiblities? There are pills out there to control diarrhea or help with constipation and anti-spasmodic pills.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us