Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: abdominal pains/ disfunctioning gallbladder

 jeana_101 - Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:06 pm im a 16 yr old girl..healthy..i hardly ever get sick or anything. But its weird because i get these real bad stomach attacks. in my upper right area People are shocked cause i litterary break down in tears it hurts so much. My other synthoms are some naseua not really..ive got an sonogram and a hidi scan and several x-rays.! the doctors don't know what is the problem. and they think it is a abnormality in the gallbladder. and that i need surgery i don't know if i should get it or not. What if it aint.? so im scared but don't know what to do i don't wanna go thru these pains anymore...and i don't know if surgery is right for me..? someone HELP.[/b]
 Dr. M. Mavru - Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:13 pm

User avatar Dear Jeana
Cholecystitis is uncommon at your age group but cannot be ruled out by this criteria alone.
You mention ultrasound and HIDA scan examinations but failed to indicate the results, please do so.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us