Question: Nausea and tingling in my left arm/leg

ravensfan78 - Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:51 am

Greetings all,

I am a 24 year old male with a question. I have been experiencing nausea, slight tingling in my left arm/leg (not constant), pressure right in the diaphram area, and irritability. I recently quit smoking (3 weeks ago) and read somewhere that those symptoms can be associated with nicotine withdrawl but then again, i am not a doctor.

I went to Patient First last night, and was checked for any Gall Bladder disfunction (negative). the doctor came up with the idea that i had reflux, which was aided by me quitting.

any suggestions?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:49 pm

User avatar Cessation related Chest tightness has been showed in many studies discussing nicotine withdrawal symptoms. It is either due to psychological effect of nicotine withdrawal, (the emotional loss) or as part of the early cleaning process, in which there is cough and lung healing. Anxiety will also results in many vague symptoms including chest discomfort and numbness of different parts in the body.
Nausea with or without abdominal pain and constipation was found to reach the maximum in the first 3 weeks weeks.

Anxiety would also aggravate the condition, so try be on physical exercises, taking plenty of fluids, avoid food that may cause constipation and increase the amount of food contain fibers and cellulose.

You have to consult your doctor to prescribe you a specific treatment according to your condition.

Good luck,