Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: stomach pain right side by belly buttom

northpolemudjunki - Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:46 pm

i am a 19 year old male and my question is for the last 2 days or so i have been having these pains on the right side of my stomach by my belly bottom even kind of hurts to the touch in certain spots any ideas? thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Location of abdominal pain is most easily categorized on the basis of embryologic origin. Pain in the periumbilical region arises from viscera of the midgut (eg, small intestine, appendix, ascending colon, proximal two thirds of the transverse colon).

If your pain is still persistant is it associated with altered bowel movements? Is it associated with nausea?