Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Vacation and IBS Chronic Constipation

heatha2308 - Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:44 pm

Hello,
I have IBS Constipation and have had it for 5 years now. For the last 2 years I found that drinking a cup of coffee for breakfast would make me go and I'd feel good all day. I ate healthy, drank lots of water, exercised and with that coffee had regular bm's.
I went on vacation (Mexico) and when I came home I cannot at all have a bm. Nothing is working. I've gained weight even though my diet is the same. I don't understand what happened. My doctor basically said to 'deal with it the best I can'.
What happened?
What cures IBS and constipation? Regular fibre diets and water don't work at all!

Heather
 paulow1978 - Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:29 pm

try prune juice in the morning :-)

works wonders

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us