Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: embarrasing sore

dartgt - Wed May 26, 2004 10:09 am

I'm an adult, and not a kid trying for a laugh here... I have what feels like a cold sore type anomaly or something directly on my anus. It's been there for a couple months (it itches sometimes, but i blew that off--I tend to do that with medical problems). I discovered it last week and I am concerned with possible problems with contamination, and the itching gets worse when I sweat, which is happening more frequently as it gets warmer. Please let me know what I might try to put on it, or any other advice you have. Supposedly, I tested negative for herpes, but the placement and symptoms are in line.

thanks
doug
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed May 26, 2004 1:00 pm

User avatar dartgt,
May I ask how you tested negative for herpes? Was a blood test (serology) or a direct swab and culture test?
It looks like you may need to be examined. It could also be a wart or a parasitic infestation.