Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: puking blood

ekitty789 - Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:00 am

hi, i started puking up some of what i eat about two weeks ago. some days i do it everytime i eat, some days i don't puke at all. the a little over a week ago, i'd puke up blood after a while of purging. now it only takes two pukes to see the blood. whats happening inside of me? did i tear a whole in my stomach or something?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:20 am

User avatar Hi Ekitty,
I reviewed your previous posts and they suggest that you maybe bulimic?
If this is the case then the blood that you are vomiting could be the first sign of esophageal inflammation or an esophageal tear. It could also be due to a stomach tear.
I strongly advise you to seek immediate medical attention as your situation could be very dangerous.
 ekitty789 - Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:25 pm

if i stop purging, will the tear/inflamation heal by itself? i stopped puking for...a week or two, but after that i still saw the blood easily. if it does heal, how long would it take? thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:31 pm

User avatar ekitty,
It all depends on the size of the tear or the extent of the inflammation. Please go to your doctor there is no way of telling how serious this is unless you are examined.
Thanks.
 lazydakid21 - Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:41 am

ABOUT A 2 WEEKS AGO, ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND STARTED FIGHTING A LOT, SO I DIDNT HAVE MUCH OF AN APITITE. SO I ALL TOGETHER STOPPED EATING, EVERYTIME I WOULD EAT, I WOULD PUKE IT UP, TODAY I WAS SITTING IN CLASS TODAY AN MY STUMICK STARTED HURTING SO BAD, SO I WENT TO THE BATHROOM, I STARTED PUKING UP BLOOD, AN NOW I AM SO CONFUSED AN SCARED. WHAT DO I DO?

SINCERELY,
ADAM