Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: I need advise

mamvan - Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:58 pm

I have had alot of pain right in the middle of my gut. I have crohn's disease. I am on asacol, entocorte, lasix, potassium, altase, detrol la, Immuran, allegra, provera, Coumidine I think that is all. I will sometimes take Vicodine when the pain gets real bad, but also it helps the diarreah. That is why I have it prescribe for. Oh yell I also am on Remicade every 8 weeks. But now I am also having alot of pain in the upper right side. Under my ribs a bit. My doctor done a CT and it said that there was fatty liver, but he just said that it would go away. Is that true or should I be more concerned. I know that it is still painful, and it seems like it is getting worse. What should I do? Thanks for the help!
mamvan
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:05 am

User avatar Hello,
As you know, the fatty liver itself can be causing symptoms. Although most patients with fatty liver are asymptommatic, but others present with fatigue and abdominal discomfort. A liver biopsy should be considered to further evaluate the cause of your fatty liver.
For more info please check our NASH page.
 mamvan - Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:39 pm

Do doctors get upset if the patient ask if a test should be done? I do not want to make him upset. I do not know why he does not want to investigate it any futher. I have ask questions before, and he seems to get mad. He is a very busy doctor, and I do not want to get him upset, He is one of the most wanted doctors around this area. I had to wait for 6 weeks to get into see him. Now I go every 8 weeks for my Remicade, and if I ask questions then I have to wait in between other patients for him to answer or to see me, I am not scheduled to see him. They do not schedule me for that. I just do not want to step on anyone's toes.

I thank You for your quick response.
Mamvan

One more question please, It seems like everything started going bad in just this last year. I have been on Remicade for a 13 months now, Could the Remicade be causing my blood clotting, Liver Problem Just a lot of weakness. Retaining of fluid also?

Thanks again

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us