Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: pain

stepfanny - Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:32 pm

Hello I am 20 years old female from London England.

I been getting tight pain just under my breast bone and hurts when i breath in, I havnt been eating, I keep peeing alot nd burping and been getting pain on my sides espically on the left side and lower back, also been getting this hot feeling bottom left next to my groth and leg meets, I been having this for a week now nd I don't seem to be getting any better nor worse, I just want these pain to go and I can finally eat and sleep better.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:37 pm

Gas in the intestine is produced by the act of bacteria on the food while being digested.

The common causes of excess gas and abdominal pain are
- Irritable bowel syndrome :
A bloated abdomen
Gaseous distension
Abdominal pain or colic
Either Diarrhea or Constipation or an alternating between both of them

- GERD: abdominal pain, burping, sore throat,

- Colitis: infectious, or inflammatory, associated with diarrhea. This is morelikely to be the cause, as the pain is felt in the anatomical site of the left colon. Keep in mind also that you have been on antibiotics recently that cause GI disturbances and cloitis.

Eating certain types of food that are not easily digested.
-Eating certain types of food that are not tolerated by the GI (due to lack of certain digestive enzymes as in the case of lactose intolerance).

Certain types of foods contain, chocolate, milk and alcohol might cause Constipation or Diarrhea
Stress increases the frequency and the severity of symptoms in almost all cases.
Super added infectious GI attack will worsen also the symptoms.

Direct clinical examination is essential. Your doctor may advise stool examination, abdominal US and other investigations accordingly.