Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Possible diverticulosis problem

 CCPDWife - Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:38 pm

My 35 year old husband had a colonoscopy done and was diagnosed with diverticulosis in Decemeber of 2006. He has only one pocket in his intestine. The last month he has been complaining of a pain on his left mid abdomen. I am assuming it may be the diverticulosis but is there a possiblity it could be something else?

He had blood work done last week and we are waiting for the results. He will be having some tests done at the sleep center to see if he has sleep apnea.

His symptoms right now are abdominal pain, dizziness, he says he feels like he is falling. He has a history of heavy drinking and currently drinks at least 4-7 drinks everytime he goes out, which is twice a week. Family history includes, alcoholism, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and IBS. He is not on any medications at this time nor has ever been prescribed any in the past.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:36 pm

User avatar It is possible that your husband is experiencing symptoms from his diverticulosis. There are several other possibilities. He may have a viral intestinal infection or other infection of the GI tract.

There are several causes of dizziness as well. Given his GI issues, I would recommend that he be checked for anemia and bleeding from his GI tract.

I suggest he follow up with his doctor for evaluation of these symptoms.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us