Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Still burping alot after Prevpac

brownie1191 - Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:45 pm

I was treated with Prevpav for Hpylori and finish the 14 day treatment 3 weeks ago and I am still having a lot of burping and anxity specialy after a meal. Is this normal? And it will eventually go away if H-pylori was eraticated? I don't have pain just burping.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:23 am

User avatar In addition to the H.pylori you may also have a component of reflux. This coudl make you more prone to burping.

The H. pylori infection should be well treated by a prevpac. It does take several days to weeks for the symptoms to resolve although you should be feeling at least a little better.

If your symptoms persists I would recommend you see your doctor.