Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: rectal abscess

 Elizabeth - Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:29 pm

i was diagonsed with crohn' disease and therefore had to have a surguy on a rectal abscess that developed from it. neways the incision is almost healed completly but at the end there is a smallish bump that has formed. could this just be scar tissue or is another abscess forming?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:24 am

User avatar Hello Elizabeth,
Its very hard to tell over the internet. It could be many things but most likely just scar tissue. You should tell your doctor about it during your next visit. By examination your doctor would easily be able to tell what it is.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us