Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: Vomiting Blood / Brown Urine

jessica1234 - Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:39 am

17, female. Within the past year i started to drink alcohol and for the past couple months it has became a weekly thing. I would drink at least once a week mayb twice and on holidays even more. I havent really had problems but just yesterday morning i vomitted blood and my friends told me it might be from my liver. I already made the decision to stop drinking for a long time at least months, change my diet and go on detox. But this morning i started to feel abdominal pain and my urine was a brown / tea colour. I havent felt nausea or the need to vomit anymore but are these symptoms signs of liver damage? Will detox help my situation or must i seek a doctor immediately?
 jessica1234 - Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:48 am

jessica1234 wrote:17, female. Within the past year I started to drink alcohol and for the past couple months it has became a weekly thing. I would drink at least once a week mayb twice and on holidays even more. I havent really had problems but just yesterday morning I vomitted blood and my friends told me it might be from my liver. I already made the decision to stop drinking for a long time at least months, change my diet and go on detox.

But this morning I started to feel abdominal pain and my urine was a brown / tea colour. I havent felt nausea or the need to vomit anymore but are these symptoms signs of liver damage? Will detox help my situation or must I seek a doctor immediately?

i'd also like to add that it seems everytime i drink alcohol id vomit the NEXT morning. which is quite strange and sometimes even when i didnt feel drunk the night before, as long i consume alcohol which isnt of a clear colour the next day i would feel really sick and vomit. why is that?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us