Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Lower left abdominal pain

johnlee - Wed May 02, 2007 11:26 pm

I'm 23 year old male.
For the last month I have been getting a throbbing pain in my lower left abdomen, and sometimes very rarely I get the same throbbing sensation in my lower right abdomen. The throbbing is on and off and may sometimes not occur for a few days. My bowel movements have been regular and my stool seems normal. Once in awhile, I get a feeling of pin pricks usually near my belly button and my right side. The pain doesn't seem to be affected by what I eat.
I have not seen a doctor for financial reasons and have never had any surgeries in the past.
Thanks in advance for any help.
 johnlee - Wed May 02, 2007 11:49 pm

I forgot to add that when feeling my stomach I do not feel any tenderness or pain. I have never had a fever and have never had any nausea or vomiting.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us