Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: serious pain in abdoman

david-porter - Thu May 03, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi, from jan2006 i had severepain in my abdoman just below my ribs, i go of food and i cant sleep, the pain doesnt go away or quiet'en down it is REALLY severe pain, heres the thing,
I get this pain for 8 days EXACTLY, and , i get it every 4 weeks EXACTLY, i have been to hospital and the doctors over 13 times in 7 days because i wanted to kill myself (seriously) the pain is unberable.
I was given Malox, Gaviscon, Omeprozole, Ezomeprazole, and more tablets that i cant remember,
I had blood taken and had a Urea breath test for Helicobactor Pylori which came back negative.
I am really worried at the moment because i am taking 2-3 Tylex 30-500mg every 3-4 hours when i have this as it is the only thing that dies the pain down a bit and lets me sleep.#
I'v been told that i need to wait up to 26 weeks for a consultation with a Gastroentologist and then a further wait for what ever treatment he wants to do.. I REALLY cant ait this long and my doctors are helping.. PLEASE PLEASE help me coz i cant take this anymore

I appolagise that this is long and many many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
David Porter
 david-porter - Thu May 03, 2007 1:50 pm

sorry i also meant to say that my stools are a very pale light browny white colour when i have the stomach pain..the only thing i can eat is a sandwhich.
And i am 100% sure i have IBS even when i don't have this pain everytime i go to the loo for 2, i get unbelievable pain and cramps in my bowel but i can bare it and it doesnt really bother me, Still have this every 4weeks for 8 days the last time i had this was 3 weeks ago so im just waiting on it starting anytime.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us