Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Chronic Diarrhea,Tightness in Chest{Please respond}

hippiewitch - Sun May 06, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi,

I am a 27 year old female with no past surgeries and I am not currently on any medications. I have had constipation for a few years and starting on March 19th of this year,I have had diarrhea on and off. I now get it once a week and got it twice last week. I last got it Friday nite and something I ate may have triggered it. I also get a tight and/or heavy feeling in my chest on and off. Sometimes sitting upright while driving or being on the computer can trigger it. Standing can trigger it as well. A few nights ago,the tight feeling I experienced in my chest was scary. I was just lying down on my side trying to go to sleep then.

I saw a general doctor and got a physical exam and blood work done on April 23rd of this year and I didn't get bad news. He listened to my stomache and felt my abdomen. He also listened to my heart. My heart races sometimes too but not everyday and I wonder if it has been due to being tired or from lack of sleep. I really hope to hear back from a doctor here regarding my symptoms. Thank you.

Michelle
 hippiewitch - Thu May 10, 2007 12:52 am

Hi,

I am wondering why no one has responded to my previous post about chronic diarrhea and tightness in my chest? No one ever responded to another post I posted on another thread on this site either. If more information is needed from me for some reason,please let me know. Thanks.

Michelle

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us