Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Four tests, all clear. now what?

thorspecken - Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:38 pm

I have had abdominal pain in the lower left quadrant for about two months. Sometimes just pain and then sometimes feels like my stomach is trying to turn itself inside out. Great gastro Dr. did endoscopy, ultrasound, colonoscopy and CT--all normal. Is there anything else to do short of turning me inside out!

Also, primary physician found blood in stool in during initial exam by physical examinatin. Is it possible that all the pepto bismal I had created a false reading. A lab stool sample was not done. Blood work showed no anemia or inflammation.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:47 am

I don't think that the pepto bismal has anything to do with your symptoms. It seems you should be put under observation for now. However, I would opt for a FOBT (Fecal occult blood in stools test). Although you don't have anemia, the finding of blood in stools coupled with your symptoms means that we have to be extra careful. A negative FOBT would exclude many potentially dangerous diseases of the colon.
Regards,