Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: autoimune hepatitis

mel1979 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 am

i am 28 yrs old female i have autoimune hepatitis i am on anziaphrime and urzo and predisolone i am also diabetic due to the steroids i use insulin for the past 5 days i have had a numbness feeling in my left hand from my wedding finger to my little finger i am wondering could be to do with the auto imune hepatitis or something new.

my family history have heart problems diabetes
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:19 pm

User avatar Hi Mel1979,

The area of distribution that you are describing matches the area of the ulnar nerve well. It may be that you have some compression of this nerve at some point along its course through the arm.

I cannot think of a way this would be related to the autoimmune hepatitis but that certainly doesn't mean it can't be from this.

I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated. This way you can get a proper treatment plan also.