Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: i have darrhea and gassy feeling for two weeks

chaziesue - Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:33 am

i am a 40 year old female.Two weeks I went out to eat at a buffet and right after I ate I had diarrhea . ever since then ,every day I have diarrhea. I don't have any pains I just know I have to go right then and there. it happens if I eat or don't eat. now I'm trying to eliminate things from my diet to see if that works. I'm, only drinking water cutting back on drinking juice. mind you I only drink juicy juice. its not as bad as a lot of the juices out there. I don't eat greasy foods. no fast food places I don't know if it could be stress or not. there is no blood in my stool. it is a brown color and i have a gassy stomach.. I do have some anxiety problems but I never had this problem...I also have acid reflux but i control it with herbs when it inflames... its just borthering me because i don't know whats going on.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:27 pm

User avatar There is always the possibility that you have contracted a bacteria or parasite. You can have the stool examined in a lab to determine if either of these are your situation. There are also other conditions of the stomach such as irritable bowel syndrome. At any rate, you should see a doctor if this continues.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us