Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Blood on tissure, nausa feeling, rare abominal pain

bbob18 - Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi I am 18 year old male. I have had rectal bleeding for about 2 or 3 years now. And I am making a doctors appointment tomorrow. The only surgury I have ever had was my tonsils when I was 5. Anyways, I have had rectal bleeding for about 2 or 3 years. Mostly it is just on the stool. a few times it was all around the toliet bowl what seemed to be mixed with water, probably two or three drops of blood. About 6 months ago, I started feeling sick in the morning when I sat in school, it mostly only lasted the first 90 minutes, but that could be from the coffee. I tend to have diarrhea a few times a week though sometimes it can last for a few days. very once in awhile I'll have abominal pain. And about every two months I have a really painfully abominal pain when I go to the bathroom, mostly it is just diarrhea, but it really hurts for about 5 minutes, and after my bowels are empty all the way, I feel better. Any idea what it could be? I have been looking into it crohns and Colon Cancer, but they say Colon cancer is rare for anyone under 30. All should I see a regular doctor first or should I go to a GI doctor instead? Thank you.
 bbob18 - Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:14 pm

And when I meant sick in school, I felt like I was going to throw up, but I never ended up throwing up.