Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Blood on tissure, nausa feeling, rare abominal pain

bbob18 - Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi I am 18 year old male. I have had rectal bleeding for about 2 or 3 years now. And I am making a doctors appointment tomorrow. The only surgury I have ever had was my tonsils when I was 5. Anyways, I have had rectal bleeding for about 2 or 3 years. Mostly it is just on the stool. a few times it was all around the toliet bowl what seemed to be mixed with water, probably two or three drops of blood. About 6 months ago, I started feeling sick in the morning when I sat in school, it mostly only lasted the first 90 minutes, but that could be from the coffee. I tend to have diarrhea a few times a week though sometimes it can last for a few days. very once in awhile I'll have abominal pain. And about every two months I have a really painfully abominal pain when I go to the bathroom, mostly it is just diarrhea, but it really hurts for about 5 minutes, and after my bowels are empty all the way, I feel better. Any idea what it could be? I have been looking into it crohns and Colon Cancer, but they say Colon cancer is rare for anyone under 30. All should I see a regular doctor first or should I go to a GI doctor instead? Thank you.
 bbob18 - Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:14 pm

And when I meant sick in school, I felt like I was going to throw up, but I never ended up throwing up.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us