Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: nausea and bleeding from rectum while having a bowel movemen

fairynymph24 - Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi I am 24 years old, female, with 2 kids ages 7 and 2 years. After having my 2nd child I have not had my period. That is 2 years with no period now. But I also have been nauseous and bleeding from my rectum while having a bowel movement. It comes and goes but when it comes I usually fill the toilet with blood. It doesn't hurt, never has. I have been checked for hemmorhoids inside and out, doctor has taken stool samples and found nothing. I have also had the camera thing done where they go inside my rectum and go inside my stomach and look around. They found nothing. I am severely anemic, have been for a few years now. I am currently taking lexapro for anxiety that was brought on in my last pregnancy, and also levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism that I also got when I was pregnant this last time. I would really like to find out what is going on and how to make it stop. My doctor doesn't know what else to do to find out why I have no period and to find out why I bleed from my rectum. Please help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:37 pm

User avatar I assume you have seen a gastroenterologist. If your doctor is at a loss, I expect you will get a referral to a specialist. This is certainly a perplexing problem and should be evaluated by a specialist.