Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Cant eat/drink 4 days after vomit

angel2222 - Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:02 am

I am 37yr old female. 4 days ago I threw up all night. This was my only symptom. I thought food poison. It felt as if something lodged itself or something was still at the end of my throat/opening of my stomach after vomiting. I have had gall bladder removed 10yrs ago,and have asthma, low thyroid.
For 4 days since vomit, Food and drink wont go down.
I take a bite and I'm uncomfortable. I am burping a little. I wake up uncomfortable in upper stomach. No other symptoms.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:01 pm

If food and water won't go down I hope you are not waiting for our answer to go for help. Dehydration is a real concern here so you should see a doctor or go to the Emergency department of the hospital.

I don't know what is going on but perhaps you have an esophogeal stricture that won't allow passage of food. Whether or not it is related to the episode of vomiting would be hard to say until you get a diagnosis at least.