Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: pulsating pain

Rinoa - Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:40 am

I woke up to a dull, pulsating pain in my cervical area. About 30 minutes later, the muscles on my lower back started hurting only on my left side. This continued for a good hour, then I used the restroom. I found nothing wrong with my stool, and went back to bed with the pain on my left lower back still pulsating, but lessened. I went to the restroom to urinate a few hours later and the urine came out dark red. Is this something I need to see the doctor about?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:45 pm

User avatar If you are having blood in your urine and aren't taking medication that might turn the urine red, you should see a doctor about it. This is not a normal condition but I couldn't guess what is actually causing it. An exam and/or urinalysis will be required.

Good luck