Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: pulsating pain

Rinoa - Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:40 am

Hello,

I woke up to a dull, pulsating pain in my cervical area. About 30 minutes later, the muscles on my lower back started hurting only on my left side. This continued for a good hour, then I used the restroom. I found nothing wrong with my stool, and went back to bed with the pain on my left lower back still pulsating, but lessened. I went to the restroom to urinate a few hours later and the urine came out dark red. Is this something I need to see the doctor about?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:45 pm

User avatar If you are having blood in your urine and aren't taking medication that might turn the urine red, you should see a doctor about it. This is not a normal condition but I couldn't guess what is actually causing it. An exam and/or urinalysis will be required.

Good luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us