Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/15/2017.

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Stuck throat feeling and other GI issues

littlebarty - Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:00 pm

I am a 33 yr old female- non smoker, non drinker.

I have had a stuck throat feeling since August- this isn't the first time it reared its ugly head- I had the same problem back in the Middle of April- which cleared up on its own. But this hasn't gone away this time.

I am waiting to hear from my doctor's office as they are going to set up an EGD. I also have had some changes in BMs- loose, formed, etc.

what else could this be? I am about 40lbs over weight- and working on that issue.

I am on no meds.

Any insite would be of great help
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:28 pm

User avatar Hi Littlebarty,

The EGD should be very helpful. Sometimes a condition called eosinophilic esophagitis can cause this feeling. It is diagnosed by an EGD with biopsies of the esophagus.

Best wishes.
 littlebarty - Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:34 pm

Thank you for your reply-

I do not have heart burn, that is the odd thing. I am nauseaded, and have the bowel changes, bloating/swelling on my lower right side and the stuck throat feeling. And none of the acid reducers worked, or do tums, rolaids, maloxx or mylanta.

I go the 18th for my endo- hopefully this will shed light on what this is- my doctor has other things to look for if this is normal- gall bladder, sprue.

Anything I can do to aleviate the other symptoms? Mainly the nausea, and bowel changes? I have become afraid to eat- because i don't know if its coming back threw or not. So I am eating small meals-

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us