Medical Specialty >> Gastroenterology

Question: Fistulas

happy one - Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:46 pm

My doctors have told me I have a fistula.Due to the fact I have hundreds of air bubbles in my urine.I've got severe pelvic pain with blood they have found off and on in my urine.No UTI.Blood at he top of my vagina.Had a Hysterectomy 21 yrs ago.High Sed Rate.Been suffering for almost 9 mths now.Is an MRI a good test for this condition?My Diahrrea is very acidic also.The pain is constant and frankly I don't know how much longer I can hang on.If you have a test I can suggest to my doctor please let me know .Thank you, happy one. Not so happy right now.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:37 pm

User avatar Hi Happy One,

Often, a cystogram can be used to detect fistulas between the bladder and vaginal tract.

A cystogram is when dye is injected into the bladder and it is followed with serial x-rays to see if the dye moves through the fistula.

Your doctor can order this for you.